Wednesday, October 22, 2014

And the Diagnosis Is...

It is official, I have what is known in normal people speak as Runner's Knee.

Seeing my orthopedist was nice today.  He was so surprised and proud of me for all the progress I have made over the years.  I had to explain to him my last half and the pain I had encountered.  His look of amazement that I had done a half was great, but then telling him that it was my sixth half was even better.  He knew me as the very much more sedentary me.  I think of him daily as I am able to do so much now compared to before surgery. 

My recovery from this should be easy.  Relax another week, but continue to do those exercises I had already begun doing.  He gave me a large list of exercises to do, instructions to do them three times daily.  And he also have me his blessing that should I not have any continuing issues with the knee in the next few weeks, Seattle Half Marathon is a go.  In a week, I can go back out and start walking and jogging as tolerated, but still do those other exercises.  I will be ready for the end of November.

I knew it would be nothing serious, but it is nice to be reassured of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment