Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Realizations

November has quickly passed us by which means only one thing for me, and it has nothing to do with turkey:  Seattle Half Marathon is this weekend!  I have broken in my shoes decently.  I am watching the weather reports so I know what to pack.  I am doing intense amounts of homework in hopes that I will not be taking it with me.  I am getting adequate sleep so as not to go into this exhausted.  Most of all, I am really excited.  I have been replaying my first Seattle Half in my mind, thinking about the areas where I need to have energy reserves.  I am planning my food for Saturday, and what would be most satisfying, yet not weigh me down on Sunday. Overall, I feel ready for this race.  While not well trained, I am in a wonderful mental place that says, "I can and will do this!"

A small bit of shock came to me yesterday as I was printing off my travel information and my race confirmation.  I read through the confirmation paperwork and saw that it was February of this year when I registered for the Seattle Half.  WOW!  I knew it was early in the year, but to see that the date was early February was very neat.  The major moment came when I continued reading.  Seattle Marathon asks how many fulls and halves you have completed as of the day of registration.  At the time, this number was two.  As of today, that number is six.  SIX!  WOW!  Who would have ever thought that this is what would have come to be.  I look in my living room at my medal display, see all six hanging there, knowing there is a seventh coming shortly, and I am just in awe.  I did that!  Not only that, my race goal time listed on the registration is 3:59:59.  I have also shattered that by more than 10 minutes. 

The rest of this week will include homework, packing, spending time with my family here at home, and then traveling for this race.  As for future races, June 2015 is the only one I have planned at this time.  We will call that "Chewy's First Half" as she will join me for the Seattle Rock n Roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment