Tuesday, February 24, 2015

2015...and my blogging is slacking.

Welcome to the new year.  Or I guess I could say that it is almost the third month of the new year.  Oops, I guess I should write more about my own world of racing and less on homework.  Considering the fact that my fastest race times are nothing on those who race for prize money, I guess I should stick to the homework.

This is a year of less racing for me, but higher goals.  I have two registered races for 2015 already.  The first race is in June.  I will be revisiting the Seattle Rock n Roll, but this time with a race partner:  Chewy!  Yes, my precocious twelve year old child is joining me for her first half marathon.  We talked about doing 13.1 when she was finally 13, but that ended as soon as we saw the date for this year's race which she had already mentioned that she wanted as her first.  So the last week before summer break for her will involve a short trip across the state and a nice race.  She is so very excited, and so am I.

Race #2 in 2015 is the San Antonio Rock n Roll in December.  After that drastically bitter cold race back in November, I vowed that I would never do another race in a potentially cold climate again.  Texas sounds like it has the potential for better temperatures, and beautiful scenery.  It also appears that I might have two friends from home going with me for a cheering section, and at least one two more friends who live in Texas that will do the race with me.  Chewy wants to do it, but as I told her, do your first half marathon and recovery, then we can talk about if this is something you really want to do, or if it is just the idea of going on vacation that sounds great. 

Aside from the two halves that I am registered for, I am toying with the idea of doing a race in October in South Dakota, and also thinking about revisiting the CDA half marathon that I did last May.  You know, the one where I got my speeding ticket on the way to the race.  I will also be doing some smaller races here and there through the year. 

My plan for this year is simple.  Work on speed and endurance.  I would like to be able to run much more this year than I have in races past.  Just running a mile straight would be a huge gain compared to now.  If I could run a 5K, I would be doing even better.  The weather is beautiful in my neck of the woods, so I need to get going on putting out some regular mileage.  In addition, I have starting regularly seeing an acupuncturist and have seen some positivity in my own health from that.  Everything is in my favor for this year's racing adventures.  Now to get out there and start training!

No comments:

Post a Comment