Wednesday, March 26, 2014

I Have an Addiction

I have come to the conclusion that I have an addiction.  It is not unhealthy.  It is not self harming.  It is not illegal.  My addiction is to doing foot races.  I am finding myself always looking to see what the next race can be.  I am seeing opportunities to add races in just because.  In fact, I am leaving town in a few weeks, and have looked at what I can add to my weekend getaway in terms of races.  I have no shame in this, but I do find it to be an interesting transformation of myself.

I always found people who scheduled their lives around running or racing to be interesting.  Oh, and a bit nuts!  Other than people who have these huge sponsorships because they run insanely fast, I never saw how people could dedicate so much of themselves to racing.  And now I am joining their ranks.

I walk.  I walk a lot.  I walk any chance I get!  I try to talk other people into walking with me.  And I have succeeded in getting others motivated into becoming active.  I just never imagined I would become this hooked. 

With that, I suspect I will be doing at least a 5K, preferably something much longer, on Sunday April 13th.  Stay tuned.  But if not, 60 days until CDA Half.

No comments:

Post a Comment